Last Updated on
Fish is the first meat that I introduced into my kid’s diet as it is low in saturated fat and high in vitamins and minerals. Cod fish is one of the fishes that my kids love. It is actually a cold water fish and its white, flaky, mild flavored flesh makes it a delicious ingredient to kid’s meal. Cod fish is low in mercury if you are worried about introducing mercury fishes and it is rich phosphorous (to help build healthy bones and make new cells) and selenium (helps boost immune system).
I’ve always thought codfish can only be steam in order to taste good. Lo and behold while I was exploring other cooking methods, I discovered that pan frying the fish is another delicious way of preparing it. Oh boy, smarties love it and emptied their plates within minutes!
What’s more, it’s oh so simple to prepare and cook! Let’s not waste time and being our cooking.
– cod fillet
– 1/2 lemon
– 2 slices of butter
– dash of pepper
– olive oil
– Lightly coat a non-stick pan with olive oil
– place the pan over a medium-high heat
– while waiting for it to be heated up, season the cod fillet with salt and pepper (leaving the skin on)
– once the pan is hot, place the cod fillet in the pan with skin side down
– cook for 2-3 minutes depending on how thick is your fillet
– carefully turn the cod over and cook for another 2-3 minutes
– add in the butter and squeeze in the lemon juice
– once the fish is cooked, it becomes flaky
– another way to test if the fish is cooked is to use the simple fork test
Smarties love the aroma and the tangy taste of lemon from the sauce. As cod fish is a mild flavored fish, the butter and lemon brought out the flavor very well. That’s my recipe of easy pan fry cod fish served with asparagus and mashed potatoes. Yumz!!
Short Cooking Video
For full action, do check out our short video on how we pan fry our cod fish. That’s my easy cooking recipe for kids. Enjoy!