Last Updated on
Yay! Our very first article about food and nutrition for our children and family! What exactly is nutrition and how do we determine if the kind of food is good or not?
What is nutrition?
From the dictionary, it means the process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth. In other words, it means nourishment. Nutrition affects all aspects of growth, development, and health for a person, especially for children. Everyone generally requires the same types of nutrients — such as protein, vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals and fat. But for children, because they are at the growing stage, they require different amounts of nutrients at different growing phase.
Nowadays, parents are typically busy with work, it is tough to find the time to prepare and cook a healthy meal for the family. Even for a stay-home-parent, preparing a meal can be pretty time-consuming. Fret not, from today onwards, we will be sharing healthy and delicious recipes with you that do not require a hefty amount of time to cook.
Our first recipe will be Melt-in-the-mouth Braised Pork with the great help from AMC Secuquick softline. With the use of this pot, the tradition of braising for few hours have been cut down to less than an hour and the best thing is that I do not have to watch over it while it is cooking as the Audiotherm (timer) will automatically stop the cooking when time has reached and kept the food warm while I was busy with other housework. So, now let’s begin!
– 300 g belly pork or pork shoulder butt or both
– 1 carrot
– 1 onion
– 2 bulbs garlic
– 1 slice of ginger cut into strips
– 2 tbsp light soy sauce
– 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
– 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
– 2 tsp light soy sauce
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 1 tsp cornflour
1. Wash and marinate the pork for at least 1 hour. Heat the pot at highest level up to the frying window. Throw in the garlic and ginger. Pat dry the meat and place it into the pot to fry. No oil is required for frying here, hence you don’t have to worry about oil splattering all over the place.
2. Pour in the rest of the ingredients: carrot and onion. Deglaze with marinade, chicken/veggie stock and the sauces.
3. Fit Secuquick softline 24cm cover and close. Heat at highest level up to first turbo window and let it cook at approximately 40mins. Once the cooking is done, depressurise Secuquick and remove. Take out the meat, cut into slices and pour the sauce over. Let the meat steep in the sauce a few minutes and serve!
Does this sound and look easy to you? With just 3 steps and without using much oil. Cooking is done within a short time frame.
Honestly speaking, AMC cooking equipment have helped me a lot with the cooking. I used to overcook my food because while waiting for it to cook, I will be doing other housework as well. Not only does AMC help to cut down on the cooking time, it allows me to cook at ease without the worry of overcooking it and I can serve healthy and nutritious food to my family.
If you want to learn more about cooking and serving healthy and nutritious food to your family, do stay tuned to our blog. Now, let’s start eating!
**Psss… if you have a particular recipe in mind and would love some guidance on how to do it in a quick and easy way especially for a busy parent like you or would love to know more about the AMC cookware that we are using, do send us an email at email@example.com