Last Updated on
It’s meal time! Instead of mommy preparing and cooking for the family, smarties took over the kitchen teaching us how to fry bee hoo instead.
Isn’t it dangerous for kids to do the cooking on their own? Well, as long as an adult is there to supervise, it is safe. Furthermore, cooking is one of the life skills that kids have to learn!
If you are worried about the fire, the stove or the gas, you can always use the hotplate. We are using the AMC Navigenio whenever smarties are cooking as they understand how it works and is easy for them to use because they know the functions well and able to control the temperature better.
We usually avoid canned food at home but this time around, we couldn’t resist this canned braised pork trotter. It’s just waaaayyy too yummy and goes waaaayyy too well with the bee hoon.
Now let’s get started! Here are the ingredients:
– 1 packet of dried bee hoon
– 1 can braised pork trotter
– 100g beansprouts, rinsed and drained
– 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into strips
– 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
– 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
– A dash of pepper
– 1/2 tbsp of light soya sauce
– 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
– Water for soaking bee hoon
– Soak the bee hoon in a large pot or mixing bowl with hot water until the rice vermicelli becomes slightly soft. Rinse with cold water. Drained and set aside.
– Place the 20cm pot on the Navigenio and heat up with No. 6. Set Audiotherm at the vegetable window till it beeps.
– Switch Navigenio to No. 4.
– Add in the garlic and shallots, stir fry till lightly brown and fragrant.
– Add in the carrot.
– Open the can of braised pig trotters and pour ALL the contents into the pot.
– Add in the bean sprouts, light and dark soya sauce. Mix it up.
– Cover and set Navigenio to “A” automatic cooking till vegetable window plus a timer at 5mins.
– Once it is done, it will beep and it is ready to serve and eat!
– Add pepper if necessary.
Mei mei was struggling a little with mixing the bee hoon, hence gor gor jumped in to help stir fry the bee hoon.
*Drum roll* and here is our final product!!
Easy peasy, isn’t it?
Do you have any recipes that you want to try out but not sure how? Do drop us a comment and we will explore for you.
Do you want to know more about the AMC cookware? Do comment or drop us an email. We are happy to share with you.
Before you go, check out our short video of mei mei preparing the dish. Show us some love after watching!